There are seven main sections to the profile page:
- Cover Photo
- About me
- Current Interests
- Future Interests
- Social Links
The cover space is located at the top of your profile page (sometimes this is called a "Banner space". To add your own image click on "Edit Profile" and then click on the camera icon in the upper left had corner of your screen. A dialog box will appear with the title "Change Cover Photo". Click to browse your desktop to upload a photo.
1. Cover Photo
2. AvatarUpload you photo here. Perhaps one of the most important things you do is upload a photo of you! Not only will these be seen on your profile and portfolio pages but will also appear when you leave comments, when you are logged in and other places throughout the system.
Hint! - Use a photo that captures you. People like to see what your face looks like so focus on that. Also know that people respond better to people who smile or show their personality in some way. Don't worry! You can update it at anytime by coming back to this page.
3. HeadlineYour "headline" is a short teaser about who you are. Think of it like a tweet about you. After your name, this is the first line viewers will see. In 120 characters, say who you are and what you're going to showcase. Try to go beyond simply putting “student” in your headline
4. About meThe "About me" section is just like it sounds Use this section as an introduction to tell the viewer a little more about who you are and what you are about.
5. LocationPeople are using trovvit all over the world. Share what city, state and country you are from by entering it here.
6. EducationAdd you school! In fact, add all your schools! You may have gone to a pre-school, then a elementary school, then a middle school, a high school and a college (or two!). Wherever you are in your learning pathway one of the easiest things you can do is add your school(s)!
Hint! - Connect with your school! Building your network begins with your school. Click the "Connect to my school". This will allow you to connect as a current student or even as an alumni. If the school is already on trovvit they will be notified and can connect with you. If they are not on trovvit, simply add the person you think should know about trovvit and we'll reach out to them for you.
7. Extra-CurricularIf you are learning or doing something from an organization that is not your school you can put it here. Do you go to a summer camp, participate in a youth organization, maybe you and involved in your house of worship or play a team sport outside school? This is where you can list what you are doing and what organization you did it with.
Hint:: If you have an extra-curricular that you do but it is not done through an organization (like boy scouts, your summer camp, etc) than you should list that under "Current Interests"
Have you had a summer job, interned or volunteered? Enter the company or organization you worked for, your role there and a brief description of what you did/do there.
9. Current Interests
Tell the world what you are currently doing and passionate about. Soccer, photography, birding, robotics, politics, health, fashion - if you are doing it add it here.
Hint! - when you add a highlight about your current interest try and keep these short. These are just a few highlights that show your level or commitment or awards. If you want to share more about current interests you can create a portfolio page to share more!
10. Furture Interests
Tell the world what you would like to learn more about. Ever want to learn a new language, play a new sport, take an art class, apply to college? This is where you can list it.
Hint! - share a little about why you want to try this new thing. It doesn't have to be long but is very helpful for people looking at your profile to learn more about you.
11. Social Links
Some people actively use social media to promote and support causes that they are proud of. If this is you, it may be work linking to them here.
Many students do NOT want to link to their social media presence for a number of reasons (hey we get it! It's why so many people are on trovvit). If this is you, do not link to these sites.